Wednesday, July 30, 2014

The finished UFO for CQ for Newbies

It was over a year ago that we started the UFO RR in CQ for Newbies.  I sent my ugly block out to see what could be done with it.  I'd say these ladies performed a miracle.  It came back as a beautiful and fun mardi gras block.  As usual, it sat around collecting dust until one day I saw it and was inspired to finish it off.


Here is the original UFO.

This is the block after the ladies finished stitching.

This is the finished block.  I had some metallic gold fabric which I used for the frame.  Then added some extras to finish it off.  Come to Mardi Gras!!!



3 comments:

  1. Beryl, I had SO much fun watching your block transform during the UFO RR. It turned out gorgeous. In fact, I did not think I could possibly like it more until I saw the way you finished it off. What a stunning treasure! Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful block for all to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thank you so much, Renee. I'm hanging it up where I can enjoy it every day. Party time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Your border treatment is great. I'm so glad you finished it and get to look at it every day now

    ReplyDelete